Do, ra, me, fa, so, la, ti, do! ! !
The open house to celebrate Diana and Dan's wedding was last night. What a wonderful time it was! Our friends Vern and Barbara Jo Taylor let us use their beautiful backyard. Colleen and Calli Chamberlain made a bridal bouquet, centerpieces, and various other arrangements from about 22 doz roses from Costco. . . gorgeous! Kaye Allen, Camille Ramey, Heidi VanWorkam, Dia Wunderli, and Kris Wilkes ran errands and cut fruit galore. What dear friends they are to run to my aid. Thank you all.
Dan's parents Jeff and Nancy Lowder came to our house about 4:30 and jumped into the frey of rose petals, melon rinds, and jars and jars of candy.
So many people that have known Diana throughout the years came to celebrate the couples happiness. After most went home, a few sat around with us while Dan and Diana recounted their discovery of each other, the romance, and a honeymoon (which involved a lot of creatures of the sea off of the Oregan coast.)
All of the company left this morning for Utah after a yummy omlette breakfast cooked by Dan and Diana. I quickly ironed some shirts for David and packed my bag and 30 minutes after everyone else had left, I climbed into Camille's car and we drove to Utah. I cat napped, she snoozed. (Not at the same time, mind you.) We ate Sugar Babies and Cornuts and had a delightful trip except for being stopped by a Nevada Highway patrolman who just wanted to say howdy.
Mom had made reservations for a trip to Hawaii for the girls (my sisters Laura, Karen, Louann, and Wendy) a year ago before I knew that we were expecting two grandbabies and would have a wedding. Laura's family didn't know that they would be having a wedding in August. Karen didn't know that she would have a new granddaughter. Louann was hoping for a new grandbaby and she got one too. (And Wendy, let me say that your day is coming faster than you think!) I hope to be posting a picture of all five of these new little cousins soon. Regardless of all of that, we will climb on that airplane and fly 'somewhere over the rainbow'.
Anyway, here I sit once more at the window that I have described previously, recounting the wonderful events of this amazingly busy summer. I forgot to mention that two families had their missionaries return within a couple of weeks of each other. I tell you, those windows of heaven have shed buckets of blessings onto all of our heads.
My very favorite moment was when I looked around the sealing room and could see all five of our children, four spouses (Lane we missed seeing you), all of my brothers and sisters and spouses and my own mom and dad to see Diana and Dan be sealed. That's as close to heaven on earth that I will ever experience!
I will now drag myself and the extra pounds I gained eating every marred, misshapen peanut M&M I could find (I was the only person doing any kind of quality check and of course I was taught never to throw away good [yummy] food) and sing myself a lullabye (the fat lady singing) and dream wonderful dreams. Wait a minute, all of my dreams have come true! ! !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're not the fat lady! But that was cute. What a busy month mom! You deserve a couple of weeks off in paradise. Have fun :)
ReplyDelete